Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Holidays

...and all that politically correct crap. If it's your holiday, do it up. If it's your sugar-shock day, watch out for the crash and burn and save me a Milky Way Bar. Nectar of the gods those are... To the non-sugar shock sorts, blessings for the new year. I tend to try to stay blissfully holiday free. Of course, my friends and family and the dear denizens of the Helination each have their own, so it's more a matter of degree. I am drawn in by them. It's all their fault. The food, the presents, the candy, all of it. Not complaining.
However, i do have a bit of a gripe about this particular holiday today. It is Halloween, aka Samhain, depending on your personal predilection, and i am in a good mood. Not the "nice day, let the other guy go at the light" kind of good mood. The giggly, nice to people i don't even really like, caught myself humming kind of good mood. Those of you who know me will understand how this disturbs the Helinator. I do try to be compassionate and all that, but i am just not the bubbly sort. I am making myself nauseous.
What's worse - it's the one night out of the year where it is perfectly acceptable behavior to cloak myself in darkness, let my inner evilness out and scare the piss out of unsuspecting children. How the hell am i gonna do that while humming and giggling to myself and thinking "ah, aren't they cute"? How am i gonna evoke fear that way? I mean, my death look is legendary. Hell, i can scare adults with it. But today? No fire at all. I am screwed! Figures.
I'll just have to go back to the old acting class stuff and try to talk myself down and get back into being my "normal" self by then. Come up with "as ifs" and motivations and all that stuff actor types talk about. And listen to Disturbed. You know, i even tried that already. Listened to The Sickness (the first 8 tracks anyway) and couldn't get inside any of them. Maybe someone will cut me off on the way home and piss me off. More likely, though, i will offer them advice on slowing down so they don't get hurt and send good thoughts at them. Disgusting.
May yours be better than mine.

No comments: