Monday, October 10, 2005

Stranger Than - Name Game Edition

I just found out something weird yesterday. I was born on Columbus Day. No, that isn't weird or what i found out. Can't believe you thought my birthday is weird... Well, maybe mine because it's associated with me and i am sometimes... But i digress. What i found out is that my mom had almost decided to name me Christina Columbia in honor of the event. The weird thing is that in my writings (yes, another of those, but my stuff doesn't suck) my protagonist, who was originally loosely based on bits of me, has always, in all her incarnations, been named Christina. I even considered changing my name once because i liked that name better. It suits me, in a way. Now, those who know be by the name i actually got from mom will probably disagree and give reasons why (just don't give out details i am not already sharing - kills the mystique), but to me it just feels less me somehow than Christina.
I haven't told mom about the "almost changed it once" thing, but she found the name of my protagonist really weird. In other words, totally in character with me...
Ain't truth strange?
So, yes, gifties, good wishes, and such things will be accepted with a smile and maybe a hug, if you happen to get close enough. Otherwise, you just get a smile and thanks from the Helinator.
Does your label suit you??

No comments: