Friday, October 14, 2005

News

Hey, so here ya go with some RL stuff. My little brother got a new car. With the car, he got new plates. All older siblings will enjoy what i have decided to do with them...
It seems the letters in license number (does that sound wrong to you, too?) are DKB. I have officially decided that this is his new nickname. Sort of a wrestler/rapper nick, but also because i have decided that the letters stand for "dumb kid brother." Don't get me wrong. I love him and would take on people much bigger than me defending him. However, he has done so many things to me over the years that it seems only fitting. So, he is now and forever to be referred to as DKB.
Darn it.
I am so glad i am the oldest. Not saying how oldest, but older than him and my sister anyway!

Oh, and i went to a bar-type place last night. Alone as always (ah, the joys of being single), although i talked to a few folks while i was there. Anyway, it was great because finally there was no nasty couple trying to do it on a stool in front of me while conversing in my direction on breaks. I hate that couple. All of them. Get a room and, for the overweight ones, stop wearing tight leather... that's just wrong.

And, for my birthday was last week i got a surprise. A friend got me an autograph from The Ancient. If you don't know, it don't matter, but i do and i think it is cool. Personalized, even. Wrote it for me and all that. What a sweetie. I don't collect that sort of thing, but it's cool. I will keep it with the ones i got from the Dresden Dolls (omg is Brian hot).

Family fun for birthdays (my brother's, my nephew's and mine) this weekend. Somebody get me out of this, please... At least mom bought some of my favorite form of alcohol (Smirnoff Twisted Raspberry currently rocks my world) and my siblings' kids will be around so i can avoid the adults whenever i need to. (no, mom, i am not seeing anyone, not getting married and having no grandchildren... sorry 'bout that and i would rather not discuss your sex life with you) Besides, my brother will be there, so i'll christen him with the new nick and DKB and the Helinator can hold tag-team matches with the kids until it degenerates into a 4 on 2 (they outnumber us) and, after he figures out what the nick means, a him killing me fest. Hopefully at least one of the children will defend me. He's got way more black belts than i do... And i can't suplex him. This could hurt. If he gets me off the ground. Must not let that happen.

No comments: